Who we are
Codepan – founded in 2014 – is a Berlin-based AI Innovation Hub. Our team of passionate data scientists, engineers, and technologists applies state-of-the-art machine learning to solve real-world problems for clients as well as to incubate and accelerate our own AI product ideas; spinning out the best and brightest as new ventures!
Among those ideas is our AI Operating System (AiOS) – a central framework for the design, deployment, and management of AI Applications enabling organizations to implement ML applications in a fast, high-quality, and scalable manner.
What you’ll do
As our Chief AI Officer / Head of AI Innovation, you will be responsible for defining the company’s AI-related vision and strategy alongside our CEO, Avi, and the management team. You will oversee our R&D efforts on cutting-edge AI technologies, and drive thought leadership throughout and beyond our organization.
The responsibilities of this role are as exciting as they are diverse:
- Define Codepan’s AI vision and strategy based on ML trends and market insights as well as the needs of customers while inspiring the team to achieve it and go beyond.
- Conceptualize AI strategies and solutions that enable our clients to utilize AI and solve complex problems, which involves understanding customer needs, developing cutting-edge solutions with our teams, and delivering them to the client.
- Work hands-on and lead the entire transition phase, including the design and development of Proof of Concept, creating architectural designs, and performing ML experiments to validate the feasibility of customer opportunities based on a deep understanding of ML trends and market developments.
- Represent Codepan as a thought leader in AI at conferences or events, giving talks, writing white papers, or moderating workshops while expanding your industry network and building relationships with customers and partners.
We are looking for an exceptional individual that is driven to shape the future of and with AI. Our ideal candidate would be a business-minded scientist with academic and industry experience in AI and the surrounding ecosystem who is on a mission of building something outstanding. Ideally, you have:
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. in computer science, Data Science, Business Analytics, or similar or equivalent working experience
- Experience in client-related and fast-paced environments through 6+ years in, e.g., management consulting, leading startups, or technology companies
- Practical and theoretical expertise in AI and the surrounding ecosystem: ideally, expertise in Python (R, Scala, and SQL) & passion for NLP, and hands-on ability to code and train ML models
- Thought leadership or people leadership experience with the ability to inspire and motivate others to achieve success
- The ability to explain complex analytical concepts in simple and engaging terms as well as exceptional communication and presentation skills to interact with various stakeholders, including industry (thought) leaders, customers, or technologists
- An entrepreneurial mindset, thriving in uncertain environments, and being aspirational and resourceful
- Fluency in English
Whether you have a Ph.D. and years of experience or are a self-taught expert, above all, we value your expertise and dedication to helping our company learn and succeed. So, if this role excites you, please apply in any case!
What we offer
- Engaging Topics and Excellence: We offer unique insights into applied machine learning research and development, working within an aspirational and highly talented team.
- Exciting Mission: You are presented with the opportunity to shape the future of AI.
- Fantastic Team: We are a welcoming, dynamic, and international team.
- Learning and Development: We provide an annual learning and development budget for attending conferences or purchasing educational resources.
- Employee Benefits: We offer free access to Udemy, and German language classes and subsidize your Urban Sports Club subscription
If you like to augment humans with smart algorithms and create technologies that co-exist and enhance, rather than replace, humans – we’d love to hear from you e.g. via [email protected].
Everyone is Welcome
At Codepan, we thrive on diversity. Whatever your background, what you look like, where you come from, or where you’re going – we’d be glad to have you along for the journey.