Who we are
Codepan is a boutique AI Lab building cutting-edge, AI-driven products and solutions.
We believe in augmenting humans with smart algorithms and look for technologies that co-exist, augment and enhance, rather than replace, humans.
Codepan is pioneering in building the AI Operating System of the future to enable organizations to build and scale Machine Learning products. Our mission is to transform the way organizations use data and technologies to harness the true potential AI holds.
We seek exceptional minds, creative thinkers and proactive doers to join us on this fascinating journey. Are you one of them? Come and join us!
We offer you…
- a focused, innovative and collaborative environment that leverages diverse perspectives
- a place to thrive through autonomy, challenging tasks, work on latest technology trends as well as collaboration with industry leaders and experts
- a unique opportunity to co-create the future of AI in pioneering an AI Operating System
- a company culture built on integrity, trust, joy, openness and passion
- a flexible schedule and remote working opportunity
- an attractive compensation package and various employee benefits
- regular socials and fun team events, including hackathons
- a beautiful office in a waterfront repurposed warehouse in Berlin-Kreuzberg
About the role
We are looking for a curiosity driven, self-motivated and results-driven Senior Data Scientist who enjoys hands-on involvement in building products and solutions with a strong focus on business value and impact.
As a part of the team, you will…
- develop and implement algorithms
- partner with a variety of clients across different industry domains
- contribute to our various client project / product development phases – starting with the design stage, through tuning, testing and up to delivery
- drive new ideas and improve existing algorithms, optimize solutions and solve practical challenges
- analyze and attain better understanding of client data sets and translate business problems to ML solutions
- implement best practices for machine learning models as well as monitor their performance in production
- contribute to the innovation processes, best practices and coding standards in our team
- collaborate with the product and engineering teams to balance technical value work with feature work (e.g., refactoring, performance improvements)
In terms of skills and experience, you have…
- Proficiency in Python
- 4+ years working experience with industry data science and machine learning projects
- Masters degree or Ph.D. in computer science, mathematics, statistics, engineering or equivalent experience
- Ability to quickly prototype as well as to write production-ready code
- A solid understanding of data science and machine learning concepts and applications
- A strong understanding and experience implementing machine learning algorithms
- Experience implementing Machine Learning frameworks (Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Pytorch etc.)
- Experience and interest in the fields of data science and machine learning research (NLP, Computer Vision, Time Series etc.), including both academic literature and industry tools
- Experience with Machine Learning Deployment and Management Tools (Flask/Django APIs, Docker, Kubernetes, Mlflow etc.)
- Experience working as part of a tech team (Git, sprints, agile etc.)
- A practical mindset and a thoughtful understanding of the opportunities and challenges of applying machine learning solutions in the real world
As a plus, you have…
- Experience with Cloud Services and Architectures (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc.)
- Experience with Database Management (SQL, Postgres etc.)
- Experience with test-driven development, continuous integration and deployment techniques and especially familiarity developing and maintaining ML algorithms for SaaS products
How we work, collaborate and recharge
We think that collaborating in a diverse and psychologically safe environment is the prerequisite for fruitful and innovative work. We celebrate a culture built on learning, passion and joy as well as trust, integrity and openness. We pride ourselves on working together with industry leaders and experts with whom we create sustainable solutions for people & organizations.
To juggle daily life, we enjoy a hybrid setup with a beautiful waterfront office in a repurposed warehouse in Berlin-Kreuzberg.
Among others, you may also enjoy to
- Thrive with free access to Udemy
- Treat yourself well with our Calm & Urban Sports Club subscription and
- Relax with up to 31 days off/vacation
- German classes