Who we are
Codepan is a boutique AI Lab building cutting-edge, AI-driven products and solutions.
We believe in augmenting humans with smart algorithms and look for technologies that co-exist, augment and enhance, rather than replace, humans.
Codepan is pioneering in building the AI Operating System of the future to enable organizations to build and scale Machine Learning products. Our mission is to transform the way organizations use data and technologies to harness the true potential AI holds.
We seek exceptional minds, creative thinkers and proactive doers to join us on this fascinating journey. Are you one of them? Come and join us!
We offer you…
- a focused, innovative and collaborative environment that leverages diverse perspectives
- a place to thrive through autonomy, challenging tasks, work on latest technology trends as well as collaboration with industry leaders and experts
- a unique opportunity to co-create the future of AI in pioneering an AI Operating System
- a company culture built on integrity, trust, joy, openness and passion
- a flexible schedule and remote working opportunity
- an attractive compensation package and various employee benefits
- regular socials and fun team events, including hackathons
- a beautiful office in a waterfront repurposed warehouse in Berlin-Kreuzberg
About the Role
We are looking for a pragmatic self-starter who will build and lead a cross-functional team of software and data engineers, and who at the same time enjoys hands-on involvement in building technology and maintaining product development at Codepan.
As a part of the team, you will…
- develop and lead the technical aspects of the company products and services, combining your hands-on code-writing skills with your leadership capabilities
- work side by side with product managers, data scientists and developers in an agile environment
- be the key technical decision-maker, and provide technical guidance and mentoring to help members of your team grow
- establish processes, best practices and coding standards in your team and ensure their adherence
- closely collaborate with the product manager to balance technical value work with feature work (e.g. refactoring, performance improvements)
- build the bridge between the client and the technical team, assessing client needs and design technical solutions to meet those needs
In terms of skills and experience, you have…
- worked in a technology team leadership role for a minimum of 5 years, with hands-on experience of software development, mentoring and coaching team members with a range of skill levels
- experience with test-driven development, continuous integration and deployment techniques, and you are familiar with developing and maintaining SaaS products
- production-level hands-on experience with major cloud platform services and deployments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- knowledge of recent infrastructure ecosystems including cloud technology providers, Kubernetes, infrastructure automation, and are able to work independently on such environments
- hands-on experience managing a software-as-a-service environment
- the ability to communicate with stakeholders and peers with a wide range of levels of technical understanding, across engineering and product organisations
- a university degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- proficient written and spoken English language skills
As a plus, you have…
- interest or prior experience in machine learning, manufacturing and IoT
- experience in growing technical teams
- proficient written and spoken German language skills
As personal qualities, you have…
- keen curiosity
- intellectual agility
- strong sense of ownership
- can-do attitude and creative solution-orientation
- readiness to self-reflect and learn from mistakes
- enthusiasm to work in a diverse team and an agile environment
- excellent communication skills
How we work, collaborate and recharge
We think that collaborating in a diverse and psychologically safe environment is the prerequisite for fruitful and innovative work. We celebrate a culture built on learning, passion and joy as well as trust, integrity and openness. We pride ourselves on working together with industry leaders and experts with whom we create sustainable solutions for people & organizations.
To juggle daily life, we enjoy a hybrid setup with a beautiful waterfront office in a repurposed warehouse in Berlin-Kreuzberg.
Among others, you may also enjoy to
- Thrive with free access to Udemy
- Treat yourself well with our Calm & Urban Sports Club subscription and
- Relax with up to 31 days off/vacation
- German classes