Who we are
Codepan – founded in 2014 – is a profitable & bootstrapped boutique agency focused on building innovative, AI-driven products & solutions for clients; we are a team of passionate data scientists, product builders, and technologists bridging the gap between the power and potential of AI research and companies’ ability to harness AI technologies to deliver real business value.
In the future, we also want to use the revenue generated from these commercial activities to incubate and fund new ideas; spinning out the best and brightest as new ventures!
We seek exceptional minds, creative thinkers, and proactive doers to join us on this fascinating journey. Are you one of them? Come and join us!
About the role
We seek a pragmatic self-starter to work with a cross-functional team of software- and data scientists, someone who enjoys hands-on involvement in building innovative technology products and solutions.
Our tech stack: Python, FastAPI, XGboost, Sklearn, ML-flow, Microsoft Azure
As our ML(Ops) Engineer, you will…
- be responsible for the whole lifecycle of new & existing applications: having code reviews as well as writing custom Python code managing data going in and out of applications as well as maintaining APIs
- deliver high-quality applications to our customers, with a focus on stability and scalability
- collaborate with your team to analyze requirements and customer wishes to bring them to a successful conclusion research and design best practices and proactively keep up to date with advances in your field of expertise
In terms of skills and experience, you have…
- strong experience with Python, the wider corresponding ecosystem
- ability to quickly prototype & write production-ready code
- ideally worked with semantic search & information extraction from text documents, answering systems & document retrieval
- knowledge of recent infrastructure ecosystems including cloud technology providers, Kubernetes, infrastructure automation
- knowledge of open source or proprietary ML lifecycle management tooling and platforms like AWS Sagemaker, Azure ML, Google Vertex AI, MLFlow, …)
- experience with modern engineering approaches (including MLOps) and in working in an engineering role for a data science team/ environment.
- familiarity with one or more MLOps frameworks (Kubeflow, Apache Airflow, Argo Workflow, MLFlow, etc.).
- proficient written and spoken English language skills, German language skills is a plus
- Must have: Working Visa for EU, willing to move to Berlin
How we work, collaborate, and recharge
We think that collaborating in a diverse & psychologically safe environment is the prerequisite for fruitful and innovative work. We celebrate a culture built on learning, passion, and joy as well as trust, integrity, and openness. We pride ourselves on working together with industry leaders and experts with whom we create sustainable solutions for people & organizations.
To juggle daily life, we enjoy a flexible hybrid setup with a beautiful waterfront office in a repurposed warehouse in Berlin-Kreuzberg.
Among others, you may also enjoy to
- Thrive with free access to Udemy and German language classes
- Treat yourself well with our Calm & Urban Sports Club subscription and
- Relax with up to 31 days off/vacation
Curious? Come join us! Julia, our People & Culture Specialist, is looking forward to meeting you – [email protected].
Everyone is Welcome: At Codepan, we thrive on diversity. Whatever your background, what you look like, where you come from, or where you’re going – we’d be glad to have you along for the journey.